RC Plumbing Stockton's Best Plumber

Serving the Plumbing Needs of Stockton, Lodi, Manteca, Modesto, Tracy and all of San Joaquin County

© 2020 RC Plumbing

CALL NOW 24/7 SERVICE

(209) 403-2299

  • facebook
  • yelp

Privacy Policy | Find Us on the Web

North North Pilgrim and North Union Streets East Acacia. Street. In 1851, Captain Charles Maria Weber gave the cemetery to the Jewish community. The site is California's oldest Jewish cemetery to be continuously used, and is #765, on the list of historical landmarks in California's Office of Historical Conservation. This is the oldest Jewish cemetery to continue use in California and west of the Rocky Mountains, which was donated in 1851 by Captain Charles M. Weber to be used as a cemetary by the Jewish Community of Stockton.

Isaac Zacharias, J. Rosenbaum and Bernard Frankenheimer were three early Jewish merchants. By 1851, a Jewish Bevevolent Association, Ryhim Ahoovim, was born. In 1851 the Society had acquired a cemetery for Jewish pioneers (Tradition says the Society was established in the last months of 1849). The cementery has always been west of the Rocky Mountains the oldest Jewish cementary.

In 1851, at the Corinthian Theatre, the Jewish community of Stockton held the High Holy Days. For the vacation, Jewish-owned companies closed. Ryhim Ahoovim became an assembly in 1855.

Since there were no sawmills in the region the timber had to be transported around Cape Horn. It was discharged in the bay of Stockton and brought to the construction to save cash by the congregation.

In 1855 Rabbi Julius Eckman of San Francisco finished and devoted the synagogue. There were 43 representatives of the fresh church. The house was physically shifted to Hunter Street because of the floods in 1863. Until 1905, the construction served as the synagogue of Stockton.

A grant for a fresh construction was created by Ryhim Ahoovim, now recognized as the Temple of Israel. The new Israel Temple of Stockton was completed and dedicated in 1904, on the occasion of its fiftieth anniversary. It entered the Union of American Hebrew Congregations in 1906. The church was represented by several rabbis between 1901 and 1929. Most notable was Rabbi Edgar E. Magnin, who moved to Los Angeles, where he served 60 years and helped to build membership in over 3,000 familiies, in the congregation B'nai B'rith (now the Wilshire Boulevard Temple). Rabbi Magnin toured the town of Fresno and arranged the Beth Israel Temple during his visit to Stockton.

This amazing landmark is located near Downtown Stockton and also only a short distance away from:

  • Temple Israel Cemetery

  • Temporary Detention Camps at the San Joaquin County Fairgrounds

  • County Courthouse Site

  • County Jail Site

  • Weber Point

  • Benjamin Holt Home

  • Miner Levee Site

  • Swett-Moreing Home

  • Burial place of John Brown

  • Reuel Colt Gridley Monument